Whether you’re a first-time Newport Beach traveler or a seasoned local, here are 5 tips on how to make the most out of your day in Newport Beach.
- 1.Fly a Jetpack
- Start your day off right by getting your adrenaline pumping at Jetpack America in Newport Beach! Get private training and get to fly in our jetpack
right in the harbor’s turning basin. Book your appointment here!
- 2.Get Brunch at Side Street Café ($$)
- Flying a jetpack can definitely work up an appetite. Side street café, located just 2 miles from Jetpack America’s office, is highly recommended by
our staff members. The beachy atmosphere and tex-mex style food give visitors and locals alike a real taste of the Newport Beach culture—and
fill your stomach, too! Check them out on Yelp here.
- 3.Go Stand Up Paddleboarding
- After noon, the city really starts to heat up and you might want to cool off. If the beach isn’t your style or you want to try something new, stand-up
paddleboarding, SUP for short, is a great Newport Beach activity. SUP is like standing on a large surfboard with one paddle to propel yourself
through the water. It’s a great core and back workout. Many first-timers think that they won’t get the hang of it during their first session, but
most people pick it up after a few minutes! You can book a SUP session with Jetpack America here.
- 4.Ride Bicycles at Sunset
- It really is true when they say that there’s nothing like a southern California sunset. One of the best places to spot it is on Newport Beach’s boardwalk
by the shoreline. Biking is one of the most enjoyable activities to do at this time–you can bring your own bikes, or you can rent some from nearby
bike shops. Less than a 5-minute walk from Jetpack America’s office is a local bike shop called Newport Cruisers, where you can rent bikes for
your sunset ride if you don’t have your own with you. Check them out here.
- 5.Go bowling or to the bars
- End your time in Newport with even more fun! If you’re 21+, you can visit the many bars lining the Newport streets, the closest of which to Jetpack
America is Cassidy’s. There is also a bowling
alley in Costa Mesa’s 55 called Tavern+Bowl,
about 2.5 miles from Jetpack America, where you can have food, drinks, AND go bowling (and it’s good for people under 21, too-besides the drinks,
- Now that’s what I call a good day.